Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just say NO to Gloria Vanderbilt

I bought the capris on clearance at JC Pennys 2 weeks ago. I liked that they were black and loose in the butt and the legs. The fit well at the waist, leaving no marks.
So I was quite unhappy when I bent over to pick up a 40 lb box and heard the rip and felt the draft.
It was embarassing to tell my boss why I wanted to leave early. I only had 30 minutes left and he was leaving as well, so no big deal.

I get home and pull them off to check the damage and noticed that they were Gloria Vanderbilt capris. I can't believe I didn't notice the brand before or I wouldn't have bought them.

Because the last time I ripped the seat out of my pants, it was in Gloria Vanderbilt jeans that I had worn only twice before. Perfectly right down the seam of the butt both times. And the jeans were stretch and actually loose fitting.

I don't think I bought the wrong size both times because neither pair were tight.

I just need to remember that when I hunting clearance racks at certain stores to check the brand before I buy, because I think they have serious quality isse.

No comments: