My friend Sarah's bridal shower was on Sunday; and since she likes to bake him brownies, I decided to make her an apron.
I originally was going to make a McCall's pattern, but saw the Domestic Diva pattern/fabric kit and knew I had to give it a try.
I made it on Saturday, in between reading a few chapters of Twilight and getting a fix of my favorite Cylon episodes of Battlestar Galactica.
Sorry no action pics. I took a couple of DH modeling it, but he made me promise not to post them on the internet.
And here's the back:
She actually wore it while she she open the rest of her gifts. I was really happy with the way it came out.
There were a few things I didn't like:
The actual quality of the fabric. It's Walmart $1 fabric quality, frayed really easy when I cut the pattern out.
The sizing. The package said "one size fits most". I'm really glad that Sarah is small, because there is no way I could use this apron for myself. I am a little too broad shouldered and frontal endowed.
The seam allowances. I am a 1/2inch seam allowance girl. This pattern called for 1/4 inch pain in the arse seam allowance.
I really want the red or rooster version of this apron for myself. I think after doing Sarah's, I can make it happen with some modifications.
I think another trip to Joann's might happen this week. :)